Large Retailers Tampa
The cost to lease retail space has become low enough for major retailers to start thinking about Tampa again.
- ♦ Last year clothing giant H & M opened it’s second store in Tampa’a Westshore mall.
- ♦ This year the Container Store opened 25,000 sf store at the corner of Westshore Blvd and Spruce St across the street from Tampa’s premier shopping mall, International Mall.
- ♦ West Elm announced that it will be opening a store in Hyde Park. They will be moving into the Williams-Somona store, which the same company owns.
- ♦ Bass Pro shops have been shopping Tampa for years now and it finally looks like that will be coming to East Tampa / Brandon. Approval of a $6 million subsidy was voted on earlier this year by Hillsborough County.
- ♦ Lastly, Trader Joe’s is a big leap closer to opening its first specialty grocery store in the Tampa Bay area.
According to Times Business Columnist, Robert Trigaux, “Call it karma, pent-up economic demand, recruiting talent or sheer hard work, it’s been a long, long time since Tampa Bay’s landed such a concentration of diverse business wins offering quality higher-wage job opportunities, international travel and trade reach, plus the likely arrival of some of the best known retail brands in the country.”
He continues, “Aside from an improving economy, new economic development blood is no doubt a factor in Tampa Bay’s recent renaissance of new businesses. Tampa International’s Joe Lopano, Tampa/Hillsborough EDC’s Homans, the Port of Tampa Port director Paul Anderson, Visit Tampa Bay’s just arrived Santiago Corrada are all part of a refreshed team pushing for new business momentum to the area.
Yes, in this round of economic wins, most are landing in Tampa and Hillsborough County. Other wins will appear in more congested Pinellas, and more rural Pasco and Hernando. But clearly, the latest signs of a big business driver going forward goes to Tampa and surrounding Hillsborough.”
This is good news for business and development looking into the next few years.
To learn more about Tampa Commercial Real Estate buying, selling or leasing, contact John Milsaps at 813-960-0999 today.